Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Fitness or Fatness

Fitness or fatness - This was the title of today's 'Choose Life's reading. The reading was about our bodies being temples with which we honour God. If we are to honour Him fully we should give ourselves the best opportunity to do this by being fit and healthy.

So today was the day of reckoning, it was the first weigh in after the excesses of Christmas. I had put on...but not as much as I feared I might have done.

My moment of choosing fitness started this time last year and as we move into 2018 my challenge is to maintain my weight loss but also to improve my fitness.

In October last year I was unfortunate enough to land up with Glandulafever...its taken it's toll and I'm still not 100%. As well as stripping me of energy, it's also stripped my core strength so as we move into 2018 I am working hard to build this up again, whilst being mindful that I can only use my energy once.

Today's reading also resonated with something I jotted down in the last few days, I think it was from Call The Midwife...

'The hands of the almighty are so often to be found at the end of our own arms'

It's all about how we use our lives to glorify God.



No comments:

Post a Comment