Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Monday 30 December 2013

Reflection on 2013



The closing of a year provides opportunity to stop and reflect on what has been and to look ahead to what will be.


2013 was my year to be brave. That was my New Year's resolution on 1st January 2013.


By January 16th I was able to report:


'My new year's resolution was to be braver so far...
Holiday for 1 booked
Tried beetroot in a chilli concoction - ok
Tried fig yoghurt - yuck
Tried muesli - I found one without nuts - jury out
Found muesli bar no nuts - yum'


Being brave continued throughout the year. I started exercising, this in itself may not seem to be an action that requires bravery, but let me assure you it did. I started swimming and I started spinning. In August I just about managed to swim 10 lengths and survive a spinning class. Now I can manage 30 lengths and would go so far as to say I enjoy swimming.


My holiday in Greece was for the most part enjoyable. I made new friends and experienced new things and I stood up for what I believe in.


At house group we have started a year of Biblical Womanhood. So far we have covered chapters on Domesticity, Obedience and Gentleness. We are just three months in but so far it has been a positive journey.


As the year draws to an end, bravery continues to be the theme. It is not just me who needs to be brave, but also my friends and their families. Cancer has struck at the heart of two families that I know and love. As they battle with this, I will continue to pray for them, be brave for them and stand along side them.


This too gave cause for reflection. We can spend so much time pondering what has been and what may be that we forget to live life now. To live in the moment and to focus on what is happening around us is as important as planning for the future. Having the courage to get on and do with faith is going to be part of being brave in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment