Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Monday 1 January 2018

The turn of the year 2017 becomes 2018

And at the tick of the clock 2017 ends and 2018 begins. A New Year full of hopes and potential. A clean slate...a new beginning.  And yet I believe that every day provides this opportunity to start again.

My 40 before 40 list was conceived to enable celebration of achievements. 40 feels like a milestone by which I had hoped for certain things in life to have happened. Life is different to that which I had hoped for.  It's not bad different just different. I trust however that there is a master plan that in the fullness of time that plan will unfold and the pieces will fall into place. I put my trust in God and hold fast to him knowing me before I was even concieved.

One of my 40 before 40 challenges was to read or listen to the bible in whole. This challenge was completed yesterday. I put it on the list because it was something I had never done. There are bits of the bible which quite frankly were a little tedious there were other parts however that were inspiring and encouraging. I have a new heroine to stand alongside Ruth. Esther was a woman of valour and one for whom I have a lot of respect.

As the new year begins there are still some gaps on the 40 before 40 list that are waiting to be filled. Having read the bible I shall this year be seeking to 'Choose Life' and shall be reading Simon Guillebaud's 365 readings for radical disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment