Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Domesticity part two

Last weekend I went away on retreat with the lovely ladies from Shall we Dance?  This evening watching the results slow for Strictly Come Dancing I was reminded again how lucky we are to have the perfect dance partnerb in Christ Jesus. As I watched the beautiful dancing this evening I wondered just which dance it is that we are dancing right now. Life is challenging me and it can Sometimes be just a bit much.

Today I have practiced contemplative prayer in the swimming pool. 30 lengths of contemplative prayer. This afternoon I have cooked. Coming centers me. Preparing food for friends and family gives me joy, so my Domesticity this afternoon was to make some Leek and tomato soup with a cheese scone round.  Them this evening I have baked our Christmas cake and it smells yummy.

Now last weekend I announced that I couldn't make scones for all the tea in China. It's true. Today I made yummy cheese scones and even mama bear agreed they were alright. Good old Mary Berry she holds all the answers.

In a turn of fait this afternoon has also seem me empty and defrost my freezer in its entirety!

Three acts of Domesticity in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment