Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

The hazelnut

Julian of Norwich wrote about a hazel nut, I only have a pewter acorn to consider, but the same words apply. "It lasts and will last forever because God loves it; and everything exists in the same way by the love of God." In this little thing I saw three properties: “the first is that God made it, the second is that God loves it, the third is that God cares for it."

I've been reflecting on these words today and an really struggling with the thought that these same words also apply to me, inperfect as I am, God made me, God loves me,  God cares for me. This is hard to hear and this evening even harder to accept.

When you wake up feeling so very low that you are not sure how to get through the day. When you come home and want to crawl up in a ball and cry or hibernate or better still sleep, oh to sleep that would be a gift.  It's hard to hear that God feels for you in the Same way he cares and loves  the acorn.

John 1 God so loved the world, loved Rebecca, that he gave his Son

No comments:

Post a Comment