Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Gentleness

In the Year of Biblical Womanhood the theme for October was gentleness. I thought I would find gentleness not too much of a challenge. How wrong could I be? Very it seems.

In the book Rachel had a jar of contentions into which she placed a cent every time she broke her rules. If I'd had such a jar I think I could have filled it in one day.  What's interesting for me in this observation is that in normal circumstances I hope this wouldn't have been the case. Now I know it sounds like I'm making excuses before I've begun, but let me explain.

At the moment I'm suffering with depression, one of my “symptoms" is anxiety, this leads to sleeplessness, this leads to tiredness, which in turn leads to short tempered behaviour. The people that bare the brunt of this short tempered behaviour are my family, particularly my parents. So, focusing on gentleness this month has been a challenge. I've apologised a lot.

I don't much like the person that I become when I'm tired and snappy, I am however grateful that family love us “no matter what" and they forgive us again and again. Family are an outpouring of God's love in physical form, right here on earth to hug us and hold us when times are tough.   Family remind us that we are never alone, even in the darkest hour of the night God is there keeping watch over us holding us in his hands, hugging us even when we are short and snappy with Him.

Now my other commitments during this month of October were to read the book of Proverbs ~ this is happening but not yet finished.  I also committed to try and be industrious like the Proverbs wife, and so I've set up an Etsy store and I have three items listen for sale. You can find me under the store name SquirrelsCreations.

Next Month our theme is domesticity, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment