Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Friday 18 October 2013

Trust

Last evening I was lucky enough to go to a show call 'push me, pull you' at Bristol's Creative Common.  The performance was beautiful in it's simplicity and technical excellence.   The most overwhelming and over-riding theme for me was that of the trust between the performer and the rigger.  The performer is totally reliant upon the rigger to 'do things right'.  Equally the performer has to be in tune with the rigger to ensure that, through non-verbal communication, they each know the what, where and when of a performance.  

As I reflected on this total trust, I was reminded that I can trust in God, the way the performer trusts in the rigger.  Even more overwhelming is that God knows, I don't need to communicate, because he just knows, I am held.  I often forget this, in times of anxiety (of which there are many at the moment) it is east to forget this.  Each and every day, as many times as I need, I can leave my worries, my troubles at the foot of the cross and be held.   

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Pet 5.6-7)


No comments:

Post a Comment