Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Thursday 10 October 2013

Biblical womanhood

4 years or so ago my life was blessed and enriched by a fabulous group of women who came together to form 'Shall we Dance?'. 'Shall we dance?' is a Bible study group the came together to explore what our individual dance with God was. Were we dancing the Rumba or the Waltz? The success of Strictly Come Dancing on the BBC provided a plethora of examples to consider.

Some years later we find ourselves on a new journey of exploration.  This evening we have begun our journey through a year of biblical womanhood. 
A year of biblical womanhood is written by Rachel Held Evans. 

Our journey begins with a month of Gentleness.  Each of us in the group have chosen our commitment for this month.  I have made 3 which fit with the theme for the month.

1. To practice contemplative prayer.
2. To read the book of proverbs.
3. To make and sell in the spirit of the Proverbs wife of chapter 31.

The last few years of my life have held their challenges for me and for the last 3 years I have been learning how to live with depression,  what Winston Churchill described as his black dog. 

For me depression has been more like being a tree without leaves,  always in winter without the nutrients needed to reach spring.  Don't get me wrong it hasn't been this way for  every day of the whole of the last 3 years but winter has been a more prominent season than spring.

As I begin this journey of exploring biblical womanhood,  I also find myself in a black place once again.  The leaves have fallen from the tree and the landscape is barren.  I hope that as this year progresses that spring will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment