Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Think of a Teacher

When the department of education run their motivational recruitment drives ‘think of a teacher that changed your life’ my drama teacher was the teacher that I think of.  She was a teacher who was a part of my life for 10 years from the age of 7 through to 16 when I left school.  She taught me how to walk into a room with confidence, to speak with confidence and most importantly how to breath when I speak.  Thanks to Mrs S, I perhaps naively, maintain that I would gladly stand in the Albert Hall and speak to my notes. 

This morning I woke to the sad news that Mrs S had died suddenly whilst on holiday.  She will be missed.  Reading through the comments on facebook the message that is emphasised again and again is that Mrs S taught me confidence.  Confidence is such a gift.  100's of girls benefited from this gift of confidence.  She spent many hours with each of us, helping us to prepare for our exams with the Royal School of Speech and Drama.  Teaching us about tone, intination, silence!

Just at the moment my confidence is suffering, I know however that when things are more stable and back in balance I will be able to draw on the tools that she gave me and find that confidence again.

Every memory shared on Facebook includes humour, affection and humility.  She was outragous, extravagant, theatrical (approriatley), loving and kind.  Her assembilies were looked forward to with enthusiasm.  Would she recount a tale of her latest advenutres with her scottie dogs or a tale of being locked out the house in the rain in her nighty! 

This year my bible study group are studying 'A Year of Biblical Womanhood'.  The theme this month is gentleness.  Mrs S had gentleness in bucketfuls.  There is a phrase used in the book 'Esher Chayil', it means 'Woman of Valour'.    Mrs S was a woman of valour.  May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment