Knitting and other creations.

I started my blog in 2011, which was to be my year of knitting. I sucessfully knitted all of the gifts that I gave.
I learnt to knit at my Godmother's knee and have always taken it for granted.

2011 has drawn to a close but my blogging will continue, not just knitting but other creations too.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Under the dark moon A reflection

The program said....
"It's quite liberating to realise that everyone's afraid of something, and whilst dangers can be very real, the strength of our fears lies in the powers of our imaginations.

Fairy tales are full of risk, adventure and change, they contain advice, and inspirations and warnings.  Owning our flaws, and showing our humanity and vulnerability is often not encouraged in our culture, sharing stores helps to bring communities together, and the experience of turning our struggles or restrictions into things of beauty can be a cathartic experience. Our greatest strengths are hidden in our darkest shadows, and it makes bravery to turn and face them. We hope that in the celebration of life in all of its persevered, ridiculous glory in the ever present face of death"

As the performers shared their own stories,  expressed with their bodies the tension between fear and freedom, between living and dying they spoke to me at levels far deeper than they could have ever imagined.

The circus show was conceived as a secular show however the spiritual depths were for me deep wells from which to draw water.

As the girl with the trunk was finally freed to set aside her heavy burden and swing and fly on her trapeze, I was reminded that with God I am free to fly. I am free to set aside my burdens at the foot of the cross and to then live a life of perfect freedom in Christ.  As the boy with the mask set aside his loneliness and walked the length of his tight rope, I was reminded that when we trust in God, all things are possible.

I wanted to walk that tight rope and fly that trapeze, to experience that perfect freedom a nd ecstasy of being held by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment